Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Joel is coming to town, here is what he says the cross accomplished

Unlike Joels' message - The Bible says:

Rom. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all[h] who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

1 Cor. 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Joel says something quite different:



The very epitome of a man centered non-saving message.

"Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

3 comments:

  1. I used to watch Joel Osteen up until I saw his interview on Larry King Live. He was asked if Jesus was the only way to be saved and go to heaven. His answer?

    http://youtu.be/pKF_QgNezBY

    Nobody's asking for his judgement, they're asking a question that, as a minister, Osteen should choose to answer using the Gospels and let the words of Jesus speak for him. Am I wrong here?

    Sorry, but I won't be at Joel's event. However, I will pray for him and those that are attending.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you Gary. If the Gospel isn't about salvation from sin, it is not the Gospel at all. It would be sad to evaluate the lives of the Apostles against Joel's health/prosperity emphasis. They would have to be seen as complete failures as they were generaly not rich and all suffered much.

    Phil. 1:29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, 30 having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the verse from 2 TIM. 4:3-4 sums it up best. The world as a whole does not want the Christ of the Bible. What is wanted is a substitute Christianity that says we are really ok, God loves us all no matter what, and that He wants all who claim to know Him to live to be 100 and drive a rolls royce. Yeah, I want that too. But since it is apparent that that is NOT reality, guess I better be about His Word and learn how things really Are. Brother Keith, that's why I've tried to encourage you to not get discouraged if you are not recieved. God has caused you to preach His full counsel, and the mass will just not have it. They want Joel.
    tj

    ReplyDelete