Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Aging/ill Parents with Hope!

I have had a lot of illness in my family over the past few weeks. My Father in law had back surgery and developed a super-infection which is still not resolved after two weeks of hospitalization and antibiotics. He is more or less unconscious at the moment, please pray for him.

My Mother in law has been declining from her ongoing fight with Parkinson’s disease over the past few years and is at the point of us questioning if she can still live independently. Please pray for her and us as we try to find what is best for her.

My Father had a stroke two weeks ago and is still not functioning at 100%. This alone would be enough, but my mother suffered a severe infection and chemical/nutritional imbalance just as he was getting released from the hospital and she has been hospitalized up until yesterday when she entered a nursing home for rehab. She is still not in her right mind and we hope/pray that she will be restored to both physical and mental health.

My parents are of extra concern for me because they live far from any of us children and we are trying to take turns visiting/staying with them until we see how well they recover. I must give God much glory in this situation! My parents have been changed by a relationship with Jesus. Until a couple years ago when they professed faith in Jesus, got baptized and became active in a church, I would have never believed they could handle what they are going through, but God has been faithful and they are calling on him. Even my mother in a moment of clarity told me she had talked with Jesus and He said it was all OK. I would have bet the farm against ever hearing such a thing only a couple years ago. Praise the Lord!

Our parents have lived very full and generally comfortable lives, they are very successful by worldly standards, but all that is relevant when you or someone you love is very ill, hospitalized or loosing grip with reality is the eternal things we have in Christ and the right now love of family (church or natural relatives).

The Savior is teaching me about Him in all circumstances - Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment