Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, May 17, 2013

Sometimes it really is a man with a monkey!

I have a family member who has had a variety of health issue recently, including hallucinations relating to medications and/or old age. We have been asked to keep track of these hallucinations while our relation is in a rehabilitation center, so the doctors can make decisions about possible medication changes.

Recently, while my wife was asking the nurse about any hallucinations she had observed, in the background she overheard my son being told by our relative, that a man with a monkey came by the room and the monkey turned off her lights. When my wife told me about this, we both thought it was worth reporting to the doctors as a pretty serious hallucination.

Well, lesson learned I hope, at the next visit a roommate, who is totally in their right mind, mentioned a man with a monkey who came by the rehab to entertain some people. Of course the man stopped by their room and the monkey turned off their lights.

Moral to the story -

Sometimes, even the most unlikely account is worth taking some time to investigate before dismissing it.

I wonder what else I may have assumed was untrue?

No comments:

Post a Comment