Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Feel my wrath Christmas Shoes!

I have already become weary of Christmas music. The Christian radio station I listen to has shifted to all Christmas music all the time (at least it seems that way). I would be more OK with it if they played a greater variety of songs. I know it is an exaggeration, but it seems like they play Charlie Brown Christmas, some synthesized/techno Christmas song and my nemesis Christmas Shoes over and over and over.

I am sure Christmas Shoes is a sweet and touching song, but I am 100% annoyed with it. I am not sure if it is just the poster song for over-repetition of songs, but here are my primary complaints against it:

First, who would want to risk being in line at Payless Shoes at the moment a loved one passed from this life?

Second, having been around many people in their last moments of life, I have yet to see anyone wearing attire that would lend itself to fine footwear.

Finally, would you really need the boy to explain the entire situation before "laying your money down". It says he "counted pennies for what seemed like years", don't you think you would cough up some money, even if only to get the line moving?

I like lots of Christmas music, but I am partial to songs about Jesus. Much Christmas music I hear fails to give any information on what Jesus was born to do! 

Matt. 1:21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins.” (NKJV)

The sweetest of sentimental lyrics and the most sacrificial good works won't accomplish what Jesus came to accomplish - it takes the blood of Jesus Christ to atone for our sin so we can enter heaven - fine footwear is nice, but optional!

"Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

2 comments:

  1. This is halarious... I have never heard the song. Can you post a link (oh wait... nevermind I hear Jingle Bells coming on again... my day is complete)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song can be heard here -

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJoz8L3631w&feature=related

    ReplyDelete