Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2011

Comment on a Comment!

I posted a link to an article on The Logical Atheist blog a few weeks back. It examined the atheists inability to call anything wrong within their evolutionary worldview, here is the link to the post -

http://5solas4claytongarner.blogspot.com/2011/07/logical-atheist-strikes-again.html

I received a comment which had little to do and also much to do with my post and the Logical Atheist post as well. The comment was - "Threatening children with a made up hell is child abuse."

This raises several interesting questions and I do hope to get a response on them from the annonymous commenter.

First  - the obvious question of where they get their concept of "abuse" or any other moral judgments.

Second - would not telling children about a real Hell be child abuse? I am not for lying to children at all and I am not here interested in trying to prove Hell exists, but I would ask a couple questions of my sceptical commenter:

1. Can you be sure there is no Hell and if so how?

2. Would you feel comfortable telling a child there is absolutly no after death accounting for evil acts done in this life?

I beleive there is much evidence that the Bible is God's revelation to man and it explains the existance of evil, God's perfect justice and God's love/mercy in Jesus Christ. I also realise that whether I beleive it or millions of others believe it - that does not make it true. Truth is truth, facts are facts and our beleif or disbelief has no impact on reality whatsoever. I can't beleive away gravity any more than I could beleive God in or out of existance, He is or He isn't - period!

With that said - do you really want to advocate for a world that lacks any ultimate justice? I don't know your answer to these other questions, but I wonder if your worldview which seems to be without absolute eternal justice "Hell", would agree with these assertions as well -

The universe is without any moral absolutes.

The universe is without any purpose, but is simply a progression of amoral chemical reactions.

Assuming you beleive these things to be true - are you positive of your beleifs? Do you have so much evidence of their truthfulness that you would feel good about teaching them to children?

I look forward to your response. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment