Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 12, 2011

God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life?

Acts 21:8 On the next day we who were Paul’s companions departed and came to Caesarea, and entered the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, and stayed with him.  9 Now this man had four virgin daughters who prophesied. 10 And as we stayed many days, a certain prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. 11 When he had come to us, he took Paul’s belt, bound his own hands and feet, and said, “Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.’” 12 Now when we heard these things, both we and those from that place pleaded with him not to go up to Jerusalem. 13 Then Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”
14 So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.”
(NKJV)

God's wonderful plan for Paul includes false accusations, prison and death for the name/sake of Jesus! Are we to assume it could be the same for us or do we think God just wants to give us what we think is a wonderful plan for our life?

Phil. 1:29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, (NKJV)

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. (NKJV)

Matt. 10:34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. (NKJV)

Is there any chance that the PERFECT, HOLY, LOVING, RIGHTEOUS, WISE, AND ALL POWERFUL  SON OF GOD, who is worthy of all glory and honor is going to save us from sin by His own blood and then have us settle for our same pre-salvation: puny, pathetic, self-serving ideas/plans?

No, if He says to lose our lives for His sake is to find it, He knows best and we should want His wonderful plan according to His definition not ours!


"Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

2 comments:

  1. Well said, brother. 1Cor. 6:19-20 tells us we are not our own because we have been bought with a price, and now our very spirit and bodies are GOD'S. Thanks be to Christ for His Spirit within that has changed my very desires. Not to say I never find myself chasing my own vain kingdom. But I know this- the only time I feel fully alive and fulfilled is when I am "seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness" (Matt. 6:33). Everything else, even though not necessarily wrong in itself, just leaves a sense of longing, frustration, anxiety, you name it. Whatever the Lord would give me- much or little, "success" or "failure", acceptance or rejection- is the VERY best for me. Oh, that I would always see that! I encourage everyone to read Jeremiah 29:10-11. God's timing, circumstances, and ways are soooooo beyond and greater than ours. tj

    ReplyDelete