Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pray for pastors - me included!

Lately, I have noticed a number of high profile pastor have found themselves responding to accusations of sin, resigning for disqualifying sins, or even being fired for such things. In some cases I am not surprised, as the church models the pastors are operating under put too much emphasis on their high profile pastors, and don't seem to provide enough biblical accountability through other Elders.

If a church, or even multiple sites calling themselves one church, are all known predominately through the fame of their pastor, it may be very scary for that organization to consider disciplining or removing that pastor. However, sin must be addressed, and I hope lessons will be learned by the mega churches and smaller churches as well. It gets proven over and over that bilbical accountability is essential for pastors, and you can't let fear of the fallout, keep you from addressing sin when you see it, even when it involves your famous or just very popular pastor.

With that said, but for the grace of God go I!

Gal. 6:1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For each one shall bear his own load.

I know my load is far less than many of these high profile leaders, so I need to examine my faithfulness in the areas where God has called me. I also need to help others who are overtaken in sin, and be careful, lest I find myself in sin as well!

We know pride comes before the fall, so I need to thank God, as He is the power for any faithfulness I have.

I need to continue to seek His help to be faithful, and to be open to accountability from my Elders, and church as a whole.

Finally, I ask that that you pray for me, and other pastors, if you don't wish to see more pastors disqualified through sin.

Blessings!

 "Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

No comments:

Post a Comment