Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, August 4, 2014

Better that God be in control!


Isaiah 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is no other;
There is no God besides Me.
I will gird you, though you have not known Me,
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
That there is none besides Me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other;
7 I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the Lord, do all these things.


If God was not in control of those things we call calamities, who or what would be?

Satan?

Chance?

Us?

Them?

I know it is tempting to credit God with all things that seem good to us, and then to place the blame for those things we count as calamitous elsewhere. However, it is far better, biblical, and very comforting to know that the God who created the universe, who is perfectly wise, who is all powerful, and who loves me for Jesus' sake, chooses to send good things or calamity into my life for reasons that make sense to Him, than to think Satan, other people, me, or random chance are responsible!

The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.



No comments:

Post a Comment