Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What does the Bible teach about the eternal destination of those who die in infancy?

I get a little squeamish when I here people declare that all young people, children or babies go to heaven. I have always held that Abraham's petition for Sodom to be spared, "shall not the judge of all the earth do right" (Gen. 18:25), is a safe response to these questions regarding God's judgment of mankind, no matter what their age.

I have also read several un-biblical views on the eternal state of young people that left me even more cautious. However, in this blog written by Al Mohler, I believe he makes a good case for all infants going to heaven. I still see the need for caution as some might try to justify abortion based on this doctrine and even more caution as we don't really know when we become morally culpable for our sins.

I can say that as soon as I knew I knew anything, I knew some things I did were wrong. With that said, it behooves us to make sure that we have been forgiven our sins by faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ, as soon as we are old enough to understand the words needed to communicate it.

I hope you will read it and comment that it might lead to a mutual learning opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment