Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 8, 2012

The Silencing of Christians, not in Iran, but Jersey City?

Wow, more and more cases of public officials attempting to silence any public proclamation of the Gospel. Take a look at the New Jersey case here: Christians arrested for evangelizing in public park

Also, see a similar story here: Christians arrested for evangelism after sunset in New Orleans

Acts 4:1 Now as they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them, 2 being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. 3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in custody until the next day, for it was already evening. 4 However, many of those who heard the word believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand.

"Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

1 comment:

  1. I read both articles and watched the video in its entirety. While it is upsetting it brought to mind a passage in Luke.

    Luke 19:37-40 says: 37 Then, as He was now drawing near the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works they had seen, 38 saying:
    “ ‘Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!’
    Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”

    39 And some of the Pharisees called to Him from the crowd, “Teacher, rebuke Your disciples.”
    40 But He answered and said to them, “I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out.”

    I don’t share His good news nearly as much as I should and I have never tried to share on a crowded street corner to a bunch of strangers. Unless I start being more obedient in that area of my life, odds are I won’t find myself in this predicament to begin with. So while I keep silent, I’m grateful to see that there are Christians out there who are bold enough to go and spread the Word in this manner. These verses encourage me. They can try to stop people from preaching and spreading the Good News on the street. They can’t stop God!! I think a lot of times people (including myself) forget or just don’t realize who is in control here. They could lock us all up and God would still find a way for His praises to be heard! -- Tori

    ReplyDelete