Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 23, 2012

It is the Spirit that gives life - really!

John 6:63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." (NKJV)

Jesus makes it clear that it is His words and the Holy Spirit which give life! 

Where do we look for life?

Relationships with people

Hobbies

Money

Power

Recreation

Music

Substances

Sex

Our own strength

Our children's success.....

Satan, advertisers and salespeople all hope (although possibly for different motives) that we will not learn or live like - "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."

"Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

2 comments:

  1. Sobering thing to me that many of the things on that list can comprise my week if im not guarding against it. Seems the difference lies in whether or not i am seeing Christ Jesus as Lord. If He is Lord, and He is, then I need to hear from Him, if only to hear that the above list most assuredly will NOT make for my peace. They are temporary, fleeting, and ultimately vanity. God's Word is Eternal (1 Peter1:25), Pure Truth (John 17:17), and the very means He used to make me alive (James 1:18). Pretty foolish of me to neglect it as i at times do. And dependance on His Holy Spirit? I could never understand His Word without Him (1 Cor. 2: 8-14). What a Giving Lord. To think that we will sell out the Lord of Glory for dumb idols and dead Gods saddens me. But thanks be to Christ we are new creations who today CAN see Him as Lord! tj

    ReplyDelete