Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Abiding = Fruitfulness

John 15:5
I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without me you can do nothing. (NKJV)

We are always doing things, but are they anything really? How do we know if the things we do have any real value?

Anything we consider good, useful, or even a great blessing can be a whole lot of nothing in the end if not done in, through, and for Christ. The question we should ask is not is this thing or situation pleasurable or unpleasurable, but am I abiding in Christ as I walk through it?

Likewise, the things I consider least pleasurable, either disruptive to my plans or seemingly dull and  meaningless, can be accounted as fruitful just for the fact I am abiding in Him as I walk through it!

What seems like something is really nothing without Him, and what seems like nothing is something as I abide in Him and promised to bear fruit, not based on circumstances but by abiding in Him as He abides in me!

All glory is Christ's in all circumstances and I can experience the fruit of my relationship with Him in all circumstances.

Abiding = Fruitfulness

"Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

No comments:

Post a Comment