Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Vindicated, for His name's sake!

How many people deny God's existence?

How many people deny Jesus is the only Savior from the consequences of our sin?

How many people deny that the Bible is still authoritative in our modern world?

Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the way the odds seem stacked against us, if we believe these things?

Do not fear, God will vindicate us, because we are His in Jesus Christ, and He will absolutely vindicate Himself!

Psalm 43:1 Vindicate me, O God,
And plead my cause against an ungodly nation;
Oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!


Psalm 54:1 Save me, O God, by Your name,
And vindicate me by Your strength.


Psalm 109:21 But You, O GOD the Lord,
Deal with me for Your name’s sake;
Because Your mercy is good, deliver me.
22 For I am poor and needy,
And my heart is wounded within me.
23 I am gone like a shadow when it lengthens;
I am shaken off like a locust.
24 My knees are weak through fasting,
And my flesh is feeble from lack of fatness.
25 I also have become a reproach to them;
When they look at me, they shake their heads.

26 Help me, O Lord my God!
Oh, save me according to Your mercy,
27 That they may know that this is Your hand—
That You, Lord, have done it!
 
I would love to see all people come to know the gift of salvation in Jesus Christ, and I can't look down on anyone, because what I have in Jesus is 100% by His grace. However, I hate to see His enemies appear to prosper as they defame His name, and it is comforting to know that God's existence, the necessity of Jesus' sacrifice for sin, and the eternal relevance of God's word, will be fully and finally vindicated!
 
Rev. 19:11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:
 
KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.
 
Some will still not want Him, but they won't be able to deny Him!
 
He will be vindicated!
 
"Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment