Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What happens when Christians become "radicalized"!

When a Muslim does something violent against those who believe differently, they are referred to as "radicalized". Of course Muslims who commit violent acts do so because they feel it is taught or even required by the religious writings on which they base their faith.

What if Christians became radicalized and lived as directed by their sacred writings found in the Bible, how might the headlines read?

"Radicalized Christian sells all they have and gives to the poor!" (Mark 10:21)

"Radicalized Christian goes to a country hostile to Christianity and dies sharing faith and forgiving their persecutors." (Acts 7:57-60)

"Radicalized Christian continues to try to convince friends and family of their need for Jesus, even as they are accused of being crazy and unloving." (Matt. 5:9-11)

"Radicalized Christian looses job rather than deny faith." (1 Peter 3:13-17)

If by "radicalized", we mean taking ones religious beliefs serious and living like they are true, then I hope more Christians will become radicalized, including myself. As for those of other beliefs, I pray they come to know Jesus and become His followers, as shown in His word, not so they won't blow others up (although that would be good), but so they will know the truth that saves all who believe.

John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

  "Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."


No comments:

Post a Comment