Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Spanking children may soon be outlawed in Deleware!

I first saw this reported through Sermonaudio.com. Evidently the state of Deleware is wanting to redefine child abuse to include anything that casues pain. I would think that almost anything, from grounding, to taking away privledges, or even failing to buy them something they want, could be considered painful to the child, so who knows what this could lead to. Of course, I would be inclined to break the law for the sake of obeying the Lord on this one, by lovingly and appropriatly spanking my child as needed.

Here is the article - Spanking a crime

2 comments:

  1. "But whoever shall offend one of these little ones who believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18:6.

    "And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea." Mark 9:42

    If you are going to make false and incorrect claims, then do not pretend you are obeying the Lord or following the word of the Bible. What kind of child would Jesus hit? Newsflash: Jesus would never hit a child. He would protect the little ones.

    There is nothing loving about spanking. I do notice your lack of education in your little piece of text here (also you spell worse than me, and English is my third language). Since you clearly don't follow the word of God, I'll teach you something about reality. There is 93 percent agreement in recent studies that spanking is harmful. It leads to more antisocial behavior in childhood, as well as increased aggression, spousal abuse, and child abuse in adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, thanks for taking time to comment. In response, I will agree that my spelling is pretty bad. I do have a bachelors degree and an MDIV, but my elementary education in grammar and spelling was either lacking or I was not paying attention. Pray for the U.S. school system please. I often had term papers and things proof read in college and graduate school, but I don't always take the time to do so on my blog.

    Now in response to your comment. Since you did quote some scripture and some statistics, I would like to know which one you grant primary authority? In other words, if the Bible says one thing and the "experts" or statistics say something different, which one will you side with?

    After you answer this question, I will be glad to address the remainder of you comment. Thanks

    ReplyDelete