Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Abortion safer than giving birth, for who?

Dave, who sent me the last abortion related article, has again gotten me all riled up. I hate evil and sin, but I also must admit I have a special kind of loathing for the poor logic used by those who promote abortion rights. As I have stated previously, if you have had an abortion, there is forgiveness in Jesus Christ - seek Him!

Here is an incredible quote from the article on Reuters.com -

"Women who are having abortions are having a safe, common surgical procedure or taking medication for the same reason,"

And

"They should feel confident that the medical care they're having is safe, long-term and short-term.

Follow link for the full article - Abortion safer than giving birth study

I will acknowledge that the article anticipates one of my objections:

"Dr. Anne Davis, who studies obstetrics and gynecology at the Columbia University Medical Center in New York, and wasn't involved in the new study."

Says -

"We wouldn't tell people, 'Don't have a baby because it's safer to have an abortion' -- that's ridiculous," she told Reuters Health. "We're trying to help women who are having all reproductive experiences know what to expect."

Ok, so why is it ridiculous to tell folks not to have a baby because of the risk? If you can't say abortion is objectively wrong, what makes aborting any or all babies a "ridiculous" concept? Killing all the Jews in the world seemed "ridiculous" to many, but Hitler and countless numbers of his followers found it perfectly consistent with their beliefs. If I were a woman and I went to the doctor and said, "I am pregnant, what should I do?" Shouldn't a Doctor acting in the best interest of my health advise against me having a baby and suggest getting the statistically safer abortion? If safer is an issue, we should surely consider discomfort as well. Is it easier to get an abortion or carry a baby full term? Perhaps Doctors will be sued for malpractice in the future for failing to take enough steps to talk a woman out of suffering the pain and risk of giving birth?

Of course that is the lesser of my two objections to this study and the use of it in this article. The main issue I have is the reality that abortion is clearly not statistically safer for a baby! While we are debating how we can take away every possible hindrance to the happiness chasing of the pregnant woman, the father involved and society as a whole, the life and rights of the unborn are willingly trampled underfoot.

Do we really want to have the right to avoid all possible risks and enjoy optimum personal comfort - even at the cost of the lives of others?

Evidently many do!



No comments:

Post a Comment