Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Salvation alone, is plenty enough to warrant our rejoicing!

Habakkuk 3:17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
      Nor fruit be on the vines;
      Though the labor of the olive may fail,
      And the fields yield no food;
      Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
      And there be no herd in the stalls—
       18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
      I will joy in the God of my salvation.
       19 The LORD God [c] is my strength;
      He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
      And He will make me walk on my high hills.


We probably have fruit on the vine as well, but we need only understand our Lord's graciousness in salvation to have great cause to rejoice.

"Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

1 comment:

  1. It took me quite a while to understand this truth. When I first began my walk with the Lord I was expecting Him to bless me with everything that I asked of Him without realizing that He had already blessed me with the greatest gift that He could ever give me...His gift of salvation. I was not even worthy of that honor but He chose to give it to me anyway. Even if He does nothing else for me, I am happy and rejoice in what He has already given me, and not what I think that He should give me.

    ReplyDelete