Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Short Birthday Testimony

Today is my birthday. Forty six years ago in Rochester NY my mother gave birth to me - Mothers Day 1965. A gift, it might depend when you asked her? Thanks for all you did for me Mom!

That is my physical birth, what about my spiritual birth? I was strongly moved to respond to a Gospel invitation at a church lock-in my sister took me to when I was around eleven years old. I had some sense that I should live differently and even considered myself a Christian since I had responded to an invitation and believe something had happened that night. I also had very strong doubts about some Christian beliefs and if someone who lived as I did could possibly be saved.

It wasn't until about twenty years later when I had hit somewhat of a bottom in life that everything truly changed. Late January 1997 while simply walking through my house in a mental fog from a lifestyle that was completely out of control - everything changed. That day, in a moment, what had previously been at best mental assent to some facts of the gospel became real faith. I now wanted to follow the Jesus I had previously been unwilling and unable to truly comprehend.

What is my point, to comment on the value of church lock-ins, or invitations, or when salvation really occurred in my life? No, simply to say thank you Jesus for taking what you began through my earthly physical birth and giving it eternal value through my "rebirth" by your blood - according to Your will and for Your glory!

Col. 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. (NKJV)

Why save me? Why do it like this? Why keep me for salvation when I still sin? I can't say for sure, but clearly He will have all the glory.

Thank you Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment